My Thoughts Exactly!!! HOOAH!!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Today is one of those harder to handle days... Happy Birthday Army!


Well today is the Army's 235Th birthday, and somehow its not a celebration. I am not quite sure why today is so much harder than yesterday, it might be because the one person in this world who helped me through days like these is restricted from being with us. Yes, we chose this life but I can say the roller coaster we hopped on is so much more intricate than i could have ever dreamed.

I have found myself often wondering today Why? I mean we don't even have control over our lives anymore. Yes we actually chose to abandon all the freedoms of a civilian (who by the way has absolutely no clue the battles we fight on a daily basis). I mean from training, to deploying all the missed birthdays, waking up and eating breakfast without daddy, countless nights in fear, missed phone calls. Having a new lasting friendship and having it end before it ever started good! My list could go on forever. My point is that my husband and so many others have chose to stand up and fight for us to have those freedoms while so many others sit on there couches and complain about what should be done.

Honestly I am saying if I knew then what I know now, our decision to be a military family would have been jaded to say the least. I really don't think its too much to ask for a little appreciation for the men who give up their lives and family's so others don't have to. Just saying.

On a much lighter note Our orders are for Ft. Campbell ,KY. This is our first duty station, and, this was our second choice. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few women there who are making me so excited to be there already!!! I almost want to leave VA. today to head to Tenn and set up where our life will finally begin together. Jeremy has about 5 and a half weeks left here at AIT and then we will as a family move to Clarksville, Tenn (HOME) to live together as a family for the first time in an entire year.

I am anxious to get there, yet I have recently found out a deployment will be in our very near future. As much as saying this out loud crushes me I know what my Soldier is doing is more admirable than anything I will ever accomplish. I am so proud of my husband I couldnt even express it in words. He is my Hero, my rock and the love of my life!

We are so close yet so far away! It seems like the harder I try to be stronger the more the cards are stacked against me and inevitably making me feel like the weakest link. Virginia has been a trying time in our very new military life. But I will be damned if I let this place get me down. HOOAH!!!




Books in my thoughts...

Candice's book montage

Schindler's List
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
The Power of a Praying Wife
My Sister's Keeper
Something Borrowed
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Twilight
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A Time to Kill
The Shining
The Kite Runner
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
The Lovely Bones
Memoirs of a Geisha


Candice Johnson's favorite books »

Soundrack of my life