My Thoughts Exactly!!! HOOAH!!!

Monday, June 28, 2010

The 1st week of "The power of a Praying Wife" BY Stormie O'Martian


Well its ALMOST payday!!! Geez these weeks seem to drag when its time to get paid! Oh well I got a little accomplished today. As much as I can do when we are out of completely everything, dish detergent, laundry det. etc. Just one of those days.

I am just now getting the hang of this whole blogger thing, and I am loving following and reading all the blogs. This is such a constructive way to relate with other mil-spouses! Something amazes me, when I can read other blogs and feel like I have been or can be in their same exact predicament! I love that we can be so connected yet so far apart at the same time!



Well 31 days until our big PCS yes, I said the dreaded letters. Ft. Campbell ready or not here we come. like I said before I am so overwhelmed because in a month we will move to a new place, we still have yet to find a place to live. I applied for base housing but in order to do it from another state we have to fax or scan DD forms, LES'S, and birth certificate's etc. I am sure you more seasoned Mil-Spouses know all about this process. There is something so uneasy about the unknown. I will overcome and accomplish what is necessary. Gee cant help but to think this would be so much easier if I had my husband to help me. I know that this AIT is almost over and we will be together for a while, before he Deploys... UGHHHH I hate that we have already been apart for a year (not completely apart) but we get a few months together before he is actually gone for a year! I love to hate or hate to love ARMY life! I know that by the sacrifices we make now will pay for the future we so badly want for our children, but at the same time its a double standard with me because now my daughter (6 years old) is telling me she wants to be a strong Army girl. I know right Bless her heart but correct me if I'm wrong... aren't we doing this so she wont have to? I mean don't get me wrong we LOVE our country, but I don't want to sacrifice my children too!!! Anyways, I am trying to deal with this all to the best of my ability... which is not adding up in my book... but I GOT THIS.


So, I started this bible study, I have done it once before... but our trials at that time were night and day to our current situation. Today I learned that as his wife I must Humbly, willingly, DIE to self. Though this may be painful it is completely necessary in order for my life to progress instead of regress.

Matthew 10:39 says;
"He who looses his-self for my sake will find his life."

This is my prayer...
Lord,
give me a new clean heart and right spirit before you. Give me a new joyful, loving attitude and Lord when I start to doubt this remind me to SHUT UP , AND PRAY!

I have found that I often sabotage my own prayers but not praying from a "right" heart. If my heart harbors resentment and bitterness, than that is what will come from my mouth.My heart needs to be clean so my prayers for my husband aren't compromised. I need to pray in regards to how God See's it not how I think it should be!
Psalm 66:18

"My sin separates me from him."

I am about to embark on many new journeys, I am proud of the life we are building for our children and ourselves. Although there are many unknowns, they merly exist because I am sure of the one thing that makes sense : He will never leave you or forsake you!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Great post, girl! I enjoyed this book, I read it while Brian was in BCT and I learned a lot, especially about different ways I can pray for him. Hope it's a blessing to you!!

Books in my thoughts...

Candice's book montage

Schindler's List
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
The Power of a Praying Wife
My Sister's Keeper
Something Borrowed
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Twilight
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A Time to Kill
The Shining
The Kite Runner
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
The Lovely Bones
Memoirs of a Geisha


Candice Johnson's favorite books »

Soundrack of my life