My Thoughts Exactly!!! HOOAH!!!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Having a hard time with this transition.... 20 days

help Pictures, Images and Photos


There has been so much going on.. With our time in Virginia, sadly (those of you who know me, know quite the contrary) coming to an end. I cant help but to feel so mixed up about what is to come. There isn't much time left to get our affairs in order. My In-Laws are coming this weekend to pick up my daughter for a couple weeks this summer, which will put us picking her up in Atlanta in 3 weeks. Love the fact she can spend time with family we don't get to see nearly as much as we would like to. But it is adding more TO-DO'S on our list. We still have a whole house worth of stuff in Knoxville, Tn. Where we lived prior to this whole, Army whirlwind of a life came into place. Not to mention I have still not gotten us on the Housing waiting list at Ft.Campbell. UGHHHH

by Jen Pictures, Images and Photos

So in knowing there is much to do and little time to do it in, Why is it that I cant bring myself to get started. I am dragging ARSE because between enrolling both my kids in school, finding a place to live, trying to deal with Transportation and Finance and struggling to get all the Information we need in order to properly get all our ducks in a row for this PCS, I am at a complete stand still. I wanted so badly to get outta here, and now I am procrastinating. What will it take for me to snap out of this? I feel like I am stuck and with no assistance from my "helpmate" I really feel alone in all this. I am not for a second blaming him but at what point do you get used to doing it alone? Someone must have the answer to this question...

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am feeling the same way we are only about 3 weeks from our move and the list of to do seems to be getting longer instead of shorter. GOOD LUCK!

Army Big Daddy's Wifey!! said...

Thanx Girl. Good luck to you also. Where are you moving to?

Lyzz said...

Keep your head up .. and good luck!

Alia said...

following you from 22 yr. old housewife :) And it WILL get better!

Kristen said...

Realistically, you never get used to doing 2 person jobs alone...you just get better about coping with it.

The realism of dealing with all that change is a lot to deal with. Be kind to yourself, and make a short list of the top 3 or 4 things that need to get done first. It's easier to be productive when you're on a roll. Try to get one thing done a day. I bet you find yourself knocking things out.

Army Big Daddy's Wifey!! said...

Yes, coping is the mechnisim I so dearly need. I know I got this, but I keep forgeting I am not alone making a top 4 list sounds good.Typically I make my lists impossibly long and in the process discourage myslef. Thanks ladies!
(((hugs)))

Books in my thoughts...

Candice's book montage

Schindler's List
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
The Power of a Praying Wife
My Sister's Keeper
Something Borrowed
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Twilight
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A Time to Kill
The Shining
The Kite Runner
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
The Lovely Bones
Memoirs of a Geisha


Candice Johnson's favorite books »

Soundrack of my life