My Thoughts Exactly!!! HOOAH!!!

Monday, June 14, 2010

EOC Q'ued today... Is a wonderful day!




I just have to say that this day marks our journey here at Ft. Eustis almost done. Eoc- End of Cycle Pt test puts my husband on Phase V Plus which in turn means: we get him home with us after FTX- Feild Training Exercise. (This is a week long gruling camping, marching, survival kinda thing). In lamman's terms. Just when I didnt think I could be overwhelmed with anymore pride or exceitment for him, its not ever cesing to amaze me!!

I do have to touch on this one subject though, meeting new, interesting and intreguing people right before u move is I know, I know something I will be doing alot, but friendship to me is something rare. Every friend that I have brings different things to the table. No friendship is the same... I just dont find it easy to just be "great" friends with just anyone. You move to a new station or city and there are several really nice girls, there are only one or two that u could truley be close enough with to actually consider them someone you can share your desires or stresses with. With that being said moving from Virginia I will totally miss the companionship I have had with these girls and I will forever cherish the moments we have and or had with them.




Wow, another milestone for my baby girl. Katelyn graduates Kindergarten tomorrow morning... Does that mean this is the beginning to an end? I mean before I know it she will be in 5th and so on. I am in complete denyal. To be quite honest I want to keep her all to myself. She is the most loving, caring, and most of all emotional child. (which btw in case u dont know, she got from me) I wish she would have gotten her strength from her father. Emotions these days come off as a weakness and she is by far not that!!! Its funny the other day I was going through her backpack and I found a little cut out heart that read; "Katelyn, I think you are very beautiful. When you are 30 can we get married?" Amazingly I thought I had a few more years before I had to hunt down a lil boy. It was the cutest thing though I couldnt help but to think the common motherly saying "awwww my baby is growing up", Sad as it may be I know she is going to be an incredible woman and I will sit back and enjoy the ride.

6 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Awww that note to ur daughter was do damn cute! :) I can't wait to watch my lil girl go to preschool this fall! She will make new friends, but I don't think she will ever forget the friends back home in Cali. Yea!!!! EOC is done (check) FTX (coming right around the corner) Graduation (coming fast)! You go Johnsons!!!!

Cristin Hewitt said...

Love it girl you are one I will def miss! But I wont be gone believe that!! Keep your head which doesnt always work but you have a good hand on things!! AND CONGRATS TO YOUR BOO!!!

Kelli said...

How cute are you?? I didn't know you had a blog!!! I love it, it's cute!! Congrats again on EOC!! So, after Lockdown will he be able to come home during the week too once FTX is over? So glad you are blogging, can't wait to read more, chica!
Kelli @ Sovereignly Sustaining Sanity
http://briansgirl1999.blogspot.com/

Army Big Daddy's Wifey!! said...

Well thank you ladies, Jamie- its all comming to you too babe! Y'all got this and now you have a lifeline too!!!
Cristin- Thanks, I know this is just the beginning and I plan to document it all!
Kelli- I enjoy your blog also!!! Thanks and Yes!!! he can come home and live with us during the week... for a whole month!!! Yes his class would be the class to be on phase V plus the longest!!! But I am so greatful and blessed to have the time with him we do have.

Unknown said...

Thanks for following my blog!:)

I am so excited to see another PV2's wife! It seems like all the army wives I follow have officers or sergeants for hubby's:)

I am looking forward to following your blog!

Army Big Daddy's Wifey!! said...

thanx Kayla, likewise I am excited to see what this life has in store for us!!!

Books in my thoughts...

Candice's book montage

Schindler's List
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
The Power of a Praying Wife
My Sister's Keeper
Something Borrowed
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Twilight
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A Time to Kill
The Shining
The Kite Runner
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
The Lovely Bones
Memoirs of a Geisha


Candice Johnson's favorite books »

Soundrack of my life