My Thoughts Exactly!!! HOOAH!!!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today was tragic!!

So yesterday morning I was woken up by a dreadful knock on my door from a concerned person (wont mention names) about a neighbor of mine. I was asked if I had seen him and come to think of it I hadn't seen Scooter Guy in days. From about the second day of me living here in Newport News I had known Stephan. I right away coined "Scooter guy" because he drove this red scooter and it was the most appropriate name after knowing him a short time.

Scooter was a Used Car Salesman he could have tryed to sell you anything because he was just like that. He was a very concerned person he was always helping people, one night I went outside to smoke my last cig. for the night and I happen to look at my car , mind you it was like 11:30 in the night. He was waxing my car in the dark by street light... So I asked him WTH he was doing; he replied " your car is so nice and has beautiful lines with all the pollen you couldn't tell" lol he was a special kind.

As I mentioned I hadn't seen him in a couple days so the leasing manager went upstairs to check up on him. A few chilling seconds later, I heard screaming for me to call 911. I couldn't even dial the numbers i was terrified!!!! So in speaking with the dispatcher she was asking me all kinds of questions I couldn't answer without seeing him like Does he have a pulse? etc... I ran, as if there was something I could do. Apparently, Scooter had been there for a while. I know it was sudden he was a 39 year old man with a wife and several kids and grand kids!! What a tragedy!! I will be forever impacted by what I saw,something changed in me when I went to the service held in memorial of him. He has the strongest and amazingly beautiful family. They made his service in memorial of his life and not his death. His children sang this song by paramore-


and I will never forget his kindness. His wife and family is in our hearts and prayers. Keep looking up because he is looking down.'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. 'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you' RIP Stephan G. (a.k.a. "Scooter Guy") U will be forever missed.

1 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Oh man! I am so sorry... It brings me back to the night my dad died. We woke up to my mom screaming... We ran in the room and there he was! It was just so unexpected. The worse thing about it was the police, paramedic, and fire department all thought he was either on drugs or something. When a young guy dies, it seems they always jump to conclusions. I am sorry. I am not sure y I commented this. Feel free and delete it if it is inappropriate. Love u Girl!

Books in my thoughts...

Candice's book montage

Schindler's List
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
The Power of a Praying Wife
My Sister's Keeper
Something Borrowed
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Twilight
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A Time to Kill
The Shining
The Kite Runner
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
The Lovely Bones
Memoirs of a Geisha


Candice Johnson's favorite books »

Soundrack of my life