My Thoughts Exactly!!! HOOAH!!!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Today and everyday We Honor Our Fallen!!!







So we know we are PCS'ing to Ft Campbell in Aug. and for the most part I am overwhelmed with excitement! So in finding out all the information I can about our new home, I am doing my research on the area and seeing if I can find out more about the unit, and mostly meeting wives there who are more "seasoned" so to speak as far as them being there and knowing the ropes. About 98% OF the wives I have spoken to; their husbands are Deployed.

In knowing this was part of the lifestyle we chose in order for our kids to have the future we so much desire for them to have, I am as adjusted to the inevitable as much as possible at this moment. With AIT wearing me thin I have started to question my motives for being here... until today when the powerful, heart-stopping reality smacked me in the face harder than a closed sliding-glass door.

That OUR men, (sons, husbands, brothers, fiances etc.) are paying the ultimate sacrifices... THEIR LIVES for a selfish American nation that wouldn't even think twice for laying their remotes down for a M4. Our loved ones are out there fighting for the freedom that isn't so free after all.




So in honor of just a few of our men today, I have to say that The Screaming Eagles, Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky. lost five brave Soldiers June 7, when their vehicle struck an improvised explosive device in the Dangam district, Kunar province, Afghanistan.



These men paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country the least we can do is honor and remember them. They have left wives, children, and parents behind that will forever be impacted by the selflessness that took the lives of they're loves ones.

Just the other day a man was telling me his son was joining the Army to become Infantry.
I said "Wow, you say it like you encouraged it"... he said "Yes, actually I do!"
"May I ask why" ?
He said this.." because at least I know he is fighting for some kind of greater good, even if we don't know what that is yet". Uhh umm I was choking up a little only for the known fact I would never be so nonchalant about my child dying especially for a mostly ungrateful nation...

If in any way someone was offended reading this let me clear something up. For the most part I am generally speaking about our country and the rat race where people are more interested in football games, Starbucks and fashion , just to name a few. When, if.. 1/3 of that energy was put into the welfare and concern for our family's sarcificeing their sanity, time, marriages Mommy's, dads etc. this nation would be something to be somewhat proud of. Our Armed forces are what makes us a nation and it seems like that image would warrant some appreciation!!!

1 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Well said Candice! I pray you find great life long friends in Campbell. We all know there are unknowns in our immediate future. We can not focus on what MIGHT happen! Love your man fiercely, leave nothing left unsaid, and cherish every moment!!! We are in this together to support our brave men. HOOAH!

Books in my thoughts...

Candice's book montage

Schindler's List
Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
The Power of a Praying Wife
My Sister's Keeper
Something Borrowed
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
Jane Eyre
The Time Traveler's Wife
Pride and Prejudice
Twilight
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A Time to Kill
The Shining
The Kite Runner
Under the Tuscan Sun
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
The Lovely Bones
Memoirs of a Geisha


Candice Johnson's favorite books »

Soundrack of my life